had never believed that it would be possible to be so excited by
business again. I thought I had left that world behind me. Yet, I've
found the key to a fascinating universe, called Internet Marketing.
Those of you who know me from my previous life, are aware that I've
always enjoyed discussing business models, especially those that could
create leverage (and then change the world;-)). Yet, I always
approached it from a philosophical standpoint. Even when I was the CEO
and Co-Founder of the Internet company MsFreckles, I wasn't engaged in
the actual sales process. I quite honestly thought it was 'beneath' me.
I was great at raising Venture Capital, articulating the big vision,
and writing business plans, but to be close to the customer didn't
appeal to me. So, I then became a Coach, with a small referral-based
business and then raised money through the EU and the Swedish
Government to create CORE. Now, for the first time in my life, I've
discovered that I really enjoy the sales process. Furthermore, I'm so
excited about building a huge company this way - starting from the
bottom up in a way that intuitively feels SO RIGHT!
So why is Internet Marketing a Feminine Business Model?
1. It's all about relations, and it allows for an intimacy with your clients, your vendors, and your affiliates and partners.
2. It's once-removed. I don't have to do cold calls, I can 'hide' behind my computer, yet reach huge audiences, and still do a lot of good.
3. It's based on permission and opt-in, what Seth Godin talks about as the only way to engage with customers in the future.
4. It's quirky, and dorky, which suits me!
5. And the most important reason. It's a feminine way of creating leverage! One of the reasons that women don't make enough money on their businesses, is that they don't know how to create leverage, and build systems. This shows a soft path, that can deliver big incomes.
And to address the comments and thoughts that this world is filled with people who sell different get-rich-quick-programs; it sure is! I'm fascinated by how it's even remotely possible that there are so many players out there doing the same thing. I'm turned off by the vast majority, YET, having that said, there are some great teachers out there, who teach especially women how to market themselves and their products & build a 'real' systems-based company, in a way that no business school that I've encountered can even come close to. And as a converted sales & marketing-enthusiast, I'm now deeply committed to share my insights with other women, through my programs. This is the model that we've been waiting for!